This morning as I was cleaning my brushes I thought why don't I write a post about this and what brushes I use. So I am. This is just going to be a short post about the brushes I own and how I clean them. Also, sorry for the iPhone photos. Very last minute decision on the blog post writing.
My brushes from top to bottom are:
- Models Prefer Professional Airbrush Concealer Brush - I use this to blend in concealer underneath my eyes
- Kit Cosmetics Blender Sphere (above the brushes, the pink foam sphere) - I used this along with the concealer brush to blend in my concealer and also for liquid highlighters.
- MAC 266 Small Angle Brush - I use this to fill in my brows with powder and occasionally for eyeliner above my upper lash line.
- Real Techniques Your Eyes Enhanced Starter Set (all the purple brushes) this includes:
- Deluxe Crease Brush
- Base Shadow Brush
- Brow Brush - I don't actually use this on my brows but I use it to blend in eyeliner above my upper lash line.
- Accent Brush
- Fine Liner Brush
- Real Techniques Your Base Flawless Core Collection (First 4 orange brushes), this includes:
- Detailer Brush
- Pointed Foundation Brush
- Contour Brush
- Buffing Brush - this is my most used brush, which is why it was the hardest to clean!
- Real Techniques Your Base Flawless Powder Brush
- Real Techniques Your Finish Perfected Blush Brush
As you can tell I absolutely adore the Real Techniques Brushes. I just think they are a great quality and affordable brush that get the job done really well in terms of applying and blending makeup.
From the colour of the water you can tell that my brushes desperately needed a clean. To clean them I get bowl of warm water (I replaced the water 3 or 4 times to clean all of the brushes) and I use the Pantene Classic Clean Shampoo. I dip the brush into the water then squirt a little bit of shampoo onto the top of my brush or my hand and swirl it around until you can see the water/bubbles from the shampoo are coming out completely clear. I also sometimes just wash the brush under the running water to see if the brush is clear. Then I just leave them to dry on a tea towel until they are completely dry and that's it!
Feel free to share your tips on how you clean our brushes and I would love to get some recommendations on your favourite makeup brushes or tools.
Want more? Follow me on: